Dual Interface Cards
One chip, two ways of communication …
Dual interface cards enable the user to address the card’s smart-chip application either by contact or contactless. This is important if both infrastructures, contact readers and RFID readers, are to be operated.
Dual Interface smart cards are mainly used as checking and credit cards.
By using proven technologies with inductive coupling of the chip, the life-time and ruggedness of the card can be significantly improved in difficult conditions. Thus, a use as a company card, student card or ticket is realistic.
Dual interface cards with crypto processors and the option to emulate additional chip types or functions (see features) are very versatile and can therefore fulfill almost all security requirements for the IT infrastructure and access systems at the highest security level.
In addition, heterogeneous security infrastructures with MIFARE® and LEGIC® applications can be implemented based on specific SmartMX® processors.
- ISO / IEC 14443 A / B, ISO 7816
- Communication via contact interface and air interface (RFID 13.56 MHz) possible
- Wide range of different processor chips available with different OS
- Additional functions, e.g. LEGIC® card-in-card, VDV-KA, MIFARE Classic®, MIFARE DESFire® as emulation or applet
- Suitability for Logical Access (e.g. SSO), certificate-based authentication, PKI solutions
- Print & Colors e.g. offset, screen printing
- Material e.g. HT or wood cards
- Surface finishing e.g. hot stamping, relief varnish
- Additional equipment e.g. writing field, TRW area
- Security features e.g. Hologram, guilloche
- Format e.g. minimap, label, trailer
- Personalization e.g. number, coding
- additional media e.g. RFID or magnetic stripe
Example of a dual interface card with visible chip interface and hidden RFID transmitter.